When you think of hearing aids, do you picture big, bulky appliances that must constantly be adjusted? Thanks to innovations in technology, hearing aids are smaller and more effective than ever. Dr. Ralph E Bassett, Dr. Sanford R Hoffman, Dr. Paul B Borgesen and Dr. Judith A. Waiser--your Sun City West, AZ ear, nose and throat team--explain how hearing aids can help you.
Why do I need a hearing aid?
A hearing aid can help you if the hair cells in your inner ear have been damaged due to disease, exposure to loud noises, aging or as a side effect of a medication. You may benefit from a hearing aid if you notice any of these signs:
- It seems as if people are constantly mumbling, and you have to ask them to repeat what they said.
- It's difficult to keep up with conversations because you don't hear every word.
- You can't hear what someone says clearly if they're in another room.
- Your family complains that the TV is too loud when you watch it.
- You have trouble hearing when you use the telephone.
- You've given up watching movies or going to the theater because of your hearing loss.
- Your hearing loss causes difficulty at work or in your personal relationships.
How can a hearing aid in Sun City West help?
A hearing aid makes sounds louder and may help reduce background noise that can make it difficult to hear clearly. Some hearing aids fit in your ear canal, while others are placed behind your ear or in your outer ear. Both analog and digital aids are available. Both types can be adjusted to handle a variety of situations. For example, if you are in a noisy place, you can change the setting to one that helps reduce background noise.
Are you interested in learning how a hearing aid can improve your hearing? Call Dr. Ralph E Bassett, Dr. Sanford R Hoffman, Dr. Paul B Borgesen and Dr. Judith A. Waiser at (623) 975-1660 to schedule a hearing evaluation in Sun City West, AZ. Enjoy better hearing with a hearing aid!