Hearing aids from your ENT specialists in Sun City, and Sun City West, AZ, can help you hear better
If you are having hearing difficulties, you are missing out on an important part of your life. The sounds you experience contribute to the richness of your life. If you can’t hear as well as you used to, it’s time to think about visiting your ENT specialist about hearing aids.
The ENT specialists and audiologists of Arizona ENT offer a wide range of ear, nose, and throat services, including hearing aids to help you hear better. They have convenient office locations in Sun City, and Sun City West, AZ, to help you.
How do you know if you can benefit from a hearing aid? There are a few signs and symptoms of hearing loss you need to pay attention to, including:
- If you are only hearing muffled sounds and speech
- You are having difficulty picking out words from background sounds
- You avoid social events and conversations because you can’t hear what people are saying
- You need other people to speak loudly and more clearly
Your ENT specialist can perform a hearing test to determine the extent of your hearing loss. After your test, your ENT specialist can recommend a hearing aid to restore your hearing and fit with your lifestyle.
Types of hearing aids include:
- A CIC (completely in the canal) hearing aid; CIC aids fit in your ear canal, making them the most discreet hearing aid. They don’t have volume control or a directional microphone.
- An ITE (in the ear) hearing aid; ITE hearing aids fit around your ear and are less discreet than CIC hearing aids. They are equipped with volume control.
- A BTE (behind the ear) hearing aid; BTE hearing aids fit over your ear and rest behind it. They are equipped with a tube connected to an earpiece inside your ear canal, which provides superb sound quality.
Cochlear implants are another option for people with severe hearing loss. They fit inside your ear and replace the areas of your ear that aren’t working correctly.
To find out more about the types of hearing aids and how they can help you hear better, call the ENT specialists of Arizona ENT. You can reach them in Sun City West, or Sun City, AZ, by calling (623) 975-1660. Make the call and hear better soon!